6.16.2011

Thursday in the Garden

::Three Paw Taps::
As mentioned in my last gardening post I thought we would move to the back garden this week, it is in full-on jungle mode since we got home :-)

This is our standard Viburnam (about 5' high) that we just planted last June, my parents gave it to Robert for his birthday.  For a while there it wasn't looking like it came through the winter so I was delighted when it produced eleven fragrant snowballs!

We call these Johnny-Jump-Ups, I don't know if that is the real name but they are like super tiny pansies.  I never planted these they just appeared on their own :-)

Columbine

Between the Columbine, Astilbe and some weeds I have this plant, which I think might be a Rhododendron!  It has never flowered in the three years we have lived here but always seemed to have some buds on it so I never yanked it out.  This year it had lovely pink blooms.

The ferns, which are my favourite are almost as tall as I am (5'8")!!!
Another Peony ready to burst open

My Bleeding Heart is almost finished but we had loads of blooms this year


Thanks for stopping by kitties, hopefully there will be more new flowers next week :-)

PS - it has been pointed out that my kitties can not be seen in the garden, well I thought I should explain that because they are city kitties, my boys stay indoors so they supervise the garden from the safety of their windows.

21 comments:

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Beautiful! Yoor garden is looking really lush.

Mr Puddy said...

Which plants your guys is hiding ? I can't see any of you...Really genius hiding !! Even I use laser eyes still doesn't work !

Fuzzy Tales said...

Your garden is wonderful! Our bleeding heart is done now and the mom cut it back, so we have "only" the hostas to hide under. :-P

We think we'd like to come and hang out under your ferns! Our mom's only 5 ft 3 in -- she'd be swallowed up by them. LOL.

Hannah and Lucy said...

What a lovely garden you have - we wish we had more space cos mum can always find us!!
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is one great looking garden fur sure!

The Adventures of Scarlett and Melly said...

Your garden looks beautiful! So green and lush. I can't believe the size of those ferns! The photos of the kitties keeping an eye on the garden are so cute, too.

Marg said...

We call those flowers 'Johnny Jump ups' too. We love them too. You have lots of really pretty flowers. Have a really fun day.

My Mind's Eye said...

A,B,C and J....I'm a city dweller too. Mom likes to tell people my precious paws haven't touch the ground since May 11, 2002, MOL that was they day they brought me to my furever home.
That being said there is a lot of snoopervising that can be done from the windows. I'm very good at making the squirrels scurry from my deck when I'm at my window.
Hugs Madi

Rene said...

Everything is looking lovely. Your bleeding heart looks much better than ours--ours didn't get many blooms this year.

Sparkle said...

I know how you kitties feel! It is very hard to supervise my nip plant from my lounger by the back door, since I am not allowed outside either. It will have to start peeping up above the planter for me to get a really good view!

Deven said...

Boy, your garden is lovely. No wonder you're pleased. Hugs to kitty boys...

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh you have such diversity in your garden and it is so lush. WE love the ferns too and that tall those must be gorgeous!
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥

LP said...

Your garden looks lovely! We have a small viburnam and we love the snow ball like flowers! We didn't realize ferns could grow so well in full sunlight. We have huge ferns here on the westcoast but they are usually found in shady forests. We love them too. Beautiful!
the critters in The Cottage

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Nice to see the blooms in your garden. Our garden is sleeping....under water :(

The Island Cats said...

Wow! Everything looks so great in your garden!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

your garden is just beautiful!!!!! My mom and her friend just planted a garden on our balcony (I supervise from inside too!!) Are we allowed to post our garden photos without being a member of the feline garden society or how can we join? Is it a private club?
Love, Cody

Cats of Wildcat Woods said...

We love your jungle look - so many beautiful flowers!

Tamago said...

Thank you for another garden tour. I really enjoy seeing these flowers :-)

Anonymous said...

We love all your flowers. We are indoor cats too but occasionally we are allowed out in our harnesses.

Anonymous said...

We gave you an award! Go to our blog to pick it up.

xoxo Lars and James

Avalon's Garden and Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats said...

Don't feelz bad~ We are garden COTTAGE cats ,wif da emfasis on Cottage ^..^ we not allowed owt either,,, well most of us have no interest in owt...... only thru da window. Mom iz happy wif that, she sayz she doesn't hafta wurry about us. Only Ana, cauze she likez owt.... We thinkz you have a pretty neat jungle ^..^,, mom sayz it'z a Garden,,,, but we like jungle better ^..^ and it'z nice when thingz show up fur FREE ^..^
Can't wait to see more jungle picturez ^..^